WVD provides the ONLY multi-session Windows 10 experience: multiple users active simultaneously on the same Virtual Machine.
CloudCan Consultancy Team has worked and evaluated this product since its preview days,
being very familiar with all the technical details and limitations.
Services offered by our experienced team:
• Design, install and configure the infrastructure components of the WVD solution
• Secure the Windows Virtual Desktop environment using industry recognized standards
• Provide on-demand pre-configured work-from-home environments
• Our Managed Windows Virtual Desktop service is a perfect fit for this kind of environment, as you need to make sure your user data that now is stored in the cloud, is highly secure and accessible.
• The first step in evaluating this new service is to setup a Proof of Concept (POC) environment for your particular requirements: please contact us and in a matter of hours you could have your POC environment ready to accept your desktop images!
Please note that some customers could qualify for a FREE POC environment, contact us for more details!
Windows Virtual Desktop
Full Windows 10 and Office 365 experience
Provide your users with the only multi-session Windows 10 experience virtualized in the cloud that’s highly scalable, always up to date, and available on any device.
Multi-session and single-session Windows 10
Store and legacy app remoting
Free Windows 7 Extended Security Updates
Optimized for Office 365 ProPlus
Deliver the best Office 365 ProPlus experience with multi-session virtual scenarios to provide the most productive virtualized experience to your users.
Office 365 containers make Office more performant in a multi-session environment including Outlook and OneDrive for Business support
Profile containers enable faster and more performant experience in non-persistent environments
Migrate your existing Windows Server (RDS) environment to Azure
Migrate your Remote Desktop Services (RDS) environment for Windows Server desktops and apps with a simplified infrastructure management and deployment experience on Azure.
Support for Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, 2019
App compatibility for existing Windows Server images used on-premdates
Deploy and scale in minutes
Quickly virtualize and deploy modern and legacy desktop app experiences in minutes with unified management in the Azure portal.
Azure has datacenters available in 58 regions, and 140 countries.
Built in security and compliance for your Windows Virtual Desktop Environment with Microsoft Azure
Virtualization helps address specific business needs
Security and regulation
Mergers and acquisition
Short term employees
Contractor and partner access
BYOD and mobile
Design and engineering
Software dev test
WVD Architectural Overview
WVD Architectural Overview:
• The job of a control plane is to orchestrate the creation and management of desktop and app session hosts, authenticate users and to determine where to “land” a user’s desktop connection (meaning what desktop VM to patch the user through to).
• In the RDS world, this was handled through a number of “RDS roles” namely: RD License Server, RD Web, RD Webclient, RD Connection Broker and RD Gateway.
• With WVD, it is no longer necessary to install and manage any of these roles as they are now part of the WVD Management Service. Microsoft do the work and deliver you a PaaS product that can be controlled via RestAPI, PowerShell and soon the Azure admin portal.
• There are cost savings associated with elimination of separate VMs for web access, diagnostics, gateway, and broker,
• WVD’s evergreen control plane allows customers (and partners) to focus on value-added services like advanced desktop management, monitoring, health checks/life-cycle management, image management, etc.
Most customers are already eligible for WVD
Customers are eligible to access Windows 10 single and multi sesssion and Windows 7 with Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) if they have one of the following licenses:
- Microsoft 365 E3/E5
- Microsoft 365 A3/A5/Student Use Benefits
- Microsoft 365 F1
- Microsoft 365 Business
- Windows 10 Enterprise E3/E5
- Windows 10 Education A3/A5
- Windows 10 VDA per user
Customers can access Windows Virtual Desktop from their non-Windows Pro endpoints if they have a Microsoft 365 A3/A5 or Windowss 10 VDA per use license.
Customers are eligible to access Server workloads with Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) if they have one of the following licenses:
- RDS CAL license with active Software
- Assurance (SA)
Pay only for the virtual machiines (VMs), storage, and networking consumed when the users are using the service Take advantage of options such as one-year or three-year Azure Reserved Virtual Machine Instances, which can saveup to 72 percent versus pay-as-you-go pricing. Now with monthly payment options!
Benefits of qualified WVD workloads
• Access to a managed PaaS-based management plane on Azure
• New, exclusive Windows 10 multi-session image available only on WVD
• Use Windows 7 with free Extended Security Updates for up to 3 years
• Qualify for Linux compute rates for all VMs connected to a qualifying agent/GUID, including for Windows Server workloads